Connections: A World History, Volume 1, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Connections is a clear, compelling rendering of world history that focuses on societal connections within and among diverse world cultures. Its engaging, readable narrative tells the story of the people and societies that preceded us and how they shaped the world.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2021
Category: World History
Table of contents
PART I: AN AGE OF REGIONAL CONNECTIONS, TO 1650 C.E.
Era One: Emergence and Expansion of Regional Societies, to 300 c.e.
1. The Emergence of Human Societies, to 3000 b.c.e.
2. Early Societies of Africa and West Asia, to 500 b.c.e.
3. Societies and Beliefs of Early India, to 550 c.e.
4. The Origins of the Chinese Empire, to 220 c.e.
5. Early American Societies: Connection and Isolation, 20,000 b.c.e.-1500 c.e.
6. The Persian Connection: Its Impact and Influences, 2000 b.c.e.-637 c.e.
7. Greek Civilization and Its Expansion into Asia, 2000-30 b.c.e.
8. The Romans Connect the Mediterranean World, 753 b.c.e.-284 c.e.
Era Two: Transregional Conflicts and Religious Connections, 200-1200 c.e.
9. Germanic Societies and the Emergence of the Christian West, 100-1100 c.e.
10. The Byzantine World, 284-1240
11. The Origins and Expansion of Islam, 100-750
12. Religion and Diversity in the Transformation of Southern Asia, 711-1400
13. African Societies, 700-1500
14. The Evolution and Expansion of East Asian Societies, 220-1240 c.e.
Era Three: Cross-Cultural Conflicts and Commercial Connections, 1000-1650
15. Nomadic Conquests and Eurasian Connections, 1000-1400
16. The Resurgence of the Christian West, 1050-1530
17. Culture and Conflict in the Great Islamic Empires, 1071-1707
18. The Aztec and Inca Empires, 1300-1550
19. Global Exploration and Global Empires, 1400-1700
PART II. AN AGE OF GLOBAL CONNECTIONS, 1500-PRESENT
Era Four: The Shift from Regional to Global Connections, 1500-1800
20. The West in an Age of Religious Conflict and Global Expansion, 1500-1650
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.