Effective Writing: A Handbook for Accountants, 11th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For accounting courses.
Strengthen essential writing skills used in accounting
Effective Writing: A Handbook for Accountants covers every stage of the writing process. The text emphasizes coherence, conciseness and clarity as the most important qualities of any written work done by accountants. It guides readers through the skills they need and highlights aspects of communication that can enhance these skills. Material covers conducting research, writing for the workplace, and ethical considerations.
The 11th Edition includes more mediums and reflects issues in today's accounting environment. It's an essential resource for those interested in a career in the field of accounting-based writing.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
Category: Principles of Accounting
PART 1: COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
- Accountants as Communicators
- The Writing Process: An Overview
- Coherent Writing: Organizing Business Documents
- A Sense of Style: Writing with Conciseness and Clarity
- Standard English: Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
- Format for Clarity: Document Design
- Thinking on The Job: Higher Order Thinking Skills
- Accounting Research
PART 2: BUSINESS DOCUMENTS
- Memos and Briefing Documents
- Reports and Discussion Papers
- E-Communication and Social Media
PART 3: WRITING AND YOUR CAREER
- Writing for Exams: Professional Certification and Academic Exams
- Writing for Employment: Résumés and Letters of Application
- Writing for Publication
- Oral Communication: Listening and Speaking
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.