Laboratory Manual for General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 1st edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
This laboratory manual engages students in the process by which chemists investigate the world—the process of inquiry. Written to accompany General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, Second Edition by Frost & Deal, it can also accompany the lab portion of any one-semester GOB chemistry course. The majority of the experiments include a link to the health sciences, and illustrate concepts from more than one chapter of the text, utilizing basics from the areas of general, organic, or biological chemistry to develop concepts in one or more of the other areas. Using this integrated approach, students develop the skills to help them understand chemistry and to see its applications in their everyday lives.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2014
Category: General, Organic & Biological Chemistry
Table of Contents
- Why Is Safety So Important in Chemistry Lab?
- How Will I Use Math and Measurement in My Career?
- Why Is Measurement Important in Chemistry?
- How Much Fat Is in Your Milk?
- Molecular Models, Isomerism, and the Shape of Molecules
- How Many Calories Are in Different Types of Nuts?
- How Are Condensation Reactions Used Beneficially?
- What Happens to Bananas as They Ripen?
- Can We Control the Ripening of Bananas?
- What Are the Best Stain Removers?
- Which Triglycerides Make the Best Soap?
- What Is the Difference Between Osmosis and Dialysis?
- Which Antacid Is Most Effective at Relieving Heartburn?
- Where Is Lactose Digested?
- How Big Is a DNA Molecule?
- How Is Food Broken Down During Digestion?
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.