Creating Environments for Learning: Birth to Age Eight, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Hallmark features of this title
Real-life situations provide context and meaning
- Comprehensive content covers each early childhood age group and looks at a wide range of environments.
- Vignettes begin each chapter, illustrating how research appears in practice.
- Examples show how to consider individual’s needs when designing the environment and curriculum.
Guidelines inspire possibilities
- Development and curricular outcomes are presented, along with ways they can be integrated into play-based environments. Developmental progression goals are provided for each learning center.
- Create Your Own sections offer tips for creating inexpensive, age-appropriate, hands-on teaching tools.
- Environmental Checklists at the end of each chapter provide a way to assess environments and review chapter content.
Published by Pearson (July 27th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Early Childhood Education
Category: Curriculum & Play
Table of contents
- Understanding the Importance of the Environment
- Establishing an Emotionally Supportive and Equitable Environment
- Establishing a Context for Learning: Designing Schedules, Transitions, and Routines
- Design Considerations and Challenges
- Arranging an Effective Environment
- Planning a Play-Based Curriculum
- Creating Outdoor Environment
- Developing Dramatic Play Centers
- Developing Visual Art Centers
- Developing Music and Dance Centers
- Developing Literacy Centers
- Developing Physical Centers: Manipulative, Sensory, Indoor Fitness
- Developing Block and Building Centers
- Developing Science Centers
- Developing Math Centers
- Integrating Technology
- Creating Spaces for Families and Teachers
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.