Creating Environments for Learning: Birth to Age Eight, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Creating Environments for Learning helps early childhood educators design play-based environments that ensure effective teaching and learning while meeting national and state standards. This easy-to-use resource helps you understand the outcomes you want to achieve, know how to design an environment to realize those outcomes, and understand your role as a facilitator. Emphasis is placed on considering the unique background of each child and being aware of possibilities to customize the design of your curriculum and environment to meet their full potential. Numerous examples and color photos demonstrate theory, research and possibilities in action.
The 4th Edition includes expanded information on diversity, learning theories, working in early childhood settings, and 21st century learning initiatives. The most current information on research, curriculum standards, and play-based learning make this resource practical for future and practicing teachers in family childcare homes, childcare centers, preschools and elementary schools.
Published by Pearson (July 27th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Early Childhood Education
Category: Curriculum & Play
- Understanding the Importance of the Environment
- Establishing an Emotionally Supportive and Equitable Environment
- Establishing a Context for Learning: Designing Schedules, Transitions, and Routines
- Design Considerations and Challenges
- Arranging an Effective Environment
- Planning a Play-Based Curriculum
- Creating Outdoor Environment
- Developing Dramatic Play Centers
- Developing Visual Art Centers
- Developing Music and Dance Centers
- Developing Literacy Centers
- Developing Physical Centers: Manipulative, Sensory, Indoor Fitness
- Developing Block and Building Centers
- Developing Science Centers
- Developing Math Centers
- Integrating Technology
- Creating Spaces for Families and Teachers
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.