Assessment in Special Education: A Practical Approach, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Assessment in Special Education illustrates how the assessment process works in schools, and how to effectively use it in practice. The entire process is presented as a real-world, step-by-step story. From identification of a high-risk child to placement, this valuable resource gives you clear methods to put what you've learned into practice. Samples of actual assessment, evaluation and procedural forms demonstrate how to interpret results and make a diagnosis. Hands-on opportunities show how to use test data in writing a professional report and in making recommendations. Real-world approaches prepare you to conduct parent-teacher conferences and attend eligibility committee meetings.
The 6th Edition includes 4 new chapters that delve into current issues and your role in the assessment process. Updates include analysis of the most current tests, evaluations and eligibility requirements for all areas of exceptionality.
Published by Pearson (July 1st 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Special Education
Category: Assessment in Special Education
Part 1: Foundational Concepts in Special Education Assessment
- Introduction to Assessment
- Methods of Assessment and Testing Considerations
- Basic Statistical Concepts
- Scoring Terminology Used in Assessment
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Special Education Assessment
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in Special Education Assessment
Part 2: Identification of High-Risk Children
- Response to Intervention
- Required Responsibilities in Screening and Assessment of Students
- The Child Study Team and Pre-referral Strategies
- The Multidisciplinary Team and Parental Participation in the Assessment Process
Part 3: Assessment Measures Used in a Comprehensive Evaluation
- Assessment of Academic Achievement
- Assessment of Intelligence
- Assessment of Behavior
- Assessment of Perceptual Abilities
- Assessment of Speech and Language
- Assessment of Hearing Loss and Evaluations for Physical and Occupational Therapy Needs
- Early Intervention and Preschool Assessment
Part 4: Putting it All Together: Special Education Requirements
- Determining Whether a Disability Exists: Eligibility Criteria
- Writing a Comprehensive Report in Special Education
- Preparation, Participation and Reporting of Test Results
- Eligibility Procedures and the Least Restrictive Environment
- Development of the IEP
- Questions and Answers about Independent Educational Evaluations
- Questions and Answers about Mediation and Due Process Hearings
- Sample IEP Template
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.