Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in the Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy, Updated Edition, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in the Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy, Updated examines classical and contemporary issues in marriage and family therapy. You’ll explore legal, ethical, and professional issues that marriage and family therapists face, including strategies to navigate these issues.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2014
Category: Couple & Family Counseling
Table of contents
PART I: Acculturation, Worldview, and Value-Sensitive Care: Foundations for Practice Decisions
1. Values as Context for Therapy
2. Professional Acculturation and the Ecology of Therapy
PART II: Ethical Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
3. Promoting Ethical Practice: Principles, Traditions, and Considerations
4. Unique Ethical Considerations in Marriage and Family Therapy- Principle Distinctions
5. Unique Ethical Considerations in Marriage and Family Therapy- Practice Distinctions
6. Intimate Partner Violence and the Ecology of Therapy
7. Contemporary Ethical Issues. Contextual Matters
8. Contemporary Ethical Issues. Practice Matters
9. Ethical Accountability: A Casebook
PART III: Legal Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
10. The Marriage and Family Therapist: Roles and Responsibilities Within the Legal System
11. Family Law
12. Legal Considerations
PART IV: Professional Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
13. Professional Issues: Identity, Affiliation, and Transitions as a Marriage and Family Therapist
14. Professional Issues:Supervision, Licensure, and Professional Development as a Marriage and Family Therapist
15. Contemporary Professional Issues- Questions and Responses
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.