Philosopher's Way, The: Thinking Critically About Profound Ideas, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
REVEL for The Philosopher’s Way inspires students to think like philosophers, helping them to become more accomplished critical thinkers and to develop the analytical tools needed to think philosophically about important issues. The text is comprised of readings from major philosophical texts, which are accompanied by commentary from author John Chaffee to guide students in their understanding of the topics. Organized by questions central to the main branches of philosophy, REVEL for The Philosopher’s Way examines the ideas of philosophers past and present.
Learn more about REVEL.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2016
Category: Introduction to Philosophy
- What Is Philosophy? Thinking Philosophically About Life
- What Is the Philosopher’s Way? Socrates and the Examined Life
- Who Are You? Consciousness, Identity, and the Self
- Are You Free? Freedom and Determinism
- How Can We Know the Nature of Reality? Philosophical Foundations
- What Is Real? What is True? Further Explorations
- Is There a Spiritual Reality? Exploring the Philosophy of Religion
- Are There Moral Truths? Thinking About Ethics
- What Are Right Actions? Constructing an Ethical Theory
- What is Social Justice? Creating a Just State
Supplemental Chapter: Aesthetics
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.