Abnormal Psychology, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Abnormal Psychology brings both the science and the personal aspects of the discipline to life with a focus on evidence-based practice and emerging research. Authors Thomas Oltmanns and Robert Emery offer an overview of abnormal psychology that focuses not on “them,” but on all of us. The authors cover methods and treatment in context to help you understand the biological, psychological and social perspectives on abnormal psychology.
The 9th Edition has been updated to integrate coverage of the DSM-5. References to hundreds of new studies represent the latest “clues” psychological scientists have unearthed while trying to solve the many mysteries of abnormal psychology. The incorporation of compelling contemporary topics and fresh coverage of classic issues helps the text keep pace as the discipline continues to evolve.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Category: Abnormal Psychology
1. Examples and Definitions of Abnormal Behavior
2. Causes of Abnormal Behavior
3. Treatment of Psychological Disorders
4. Classification and Assessment of Abnormal Behavior
5. Mood Disorders and Suicide
6. Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
7. Acute and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, and Somatic Symptom Disorders
8. Stress and Physical Health
9. Personality Disorders
10. Feeding and Eating Disorders
11. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
12. Sexual Dysfunctions, Paraphilic Disorders, and Gender Dysphoria
13. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
14. Neurocognitive Disorders
15. Intellectual Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders
16. Psychological Disorders of Childhood
17. Adjustment Disorders and Life-Cycle Transitions
18. Mental Health and The Law
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.