General Chemistry: Atoms First, 2nd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
General Chemistry uses a building-block approach, starting with the atom and progressing through molecules and compounds to help you intuitively follow complex concepts more logically. By presenting experimental data followed by theory, the text helps you gain a deeper understanding of chemical concepts.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2014
Category: General Chemistry
Table of contents
- Chapter 0 – Chemical Tools: Experimentation and Measurement
- Chapter 1 – The Structure and Stability of Atoms
- Chapter 2 – Periodicity and the Electronic Structure Atomic Structure
- Chapter 3 – Atoms and Ionic Bonds
- Chapter 4 – Atoms and Covalent Bonds
- Chapter 5 – Covalent Bonds and Molecular Structure
- Chapter 6 – Chemical Arithmetic: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 7 – Reactions in Aqueous Solution
- Chapter 8 – Thermochemistry: Chemical Energy
- Chapter 9 – Gases: Their Properties and Behavior
- Chapter 10 – Liquids, Solids, and Phase Changes
- Chapter 11 – Solutions and Their Properties
- Chapter 12 – The Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 13 – Chemical Equilibrium,: The Extent of Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 14 – Aqueous Equilibria: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 15 – Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
- Chapter 16 – Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Equilibrium
- Chapter 17 – Electrochemistry
- Chapter 18 – Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Water
- Chapter 19 – The Main-Group Elements
- Chapter 20 – Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry
- Chapter 21 – Metals and Solid-State Materials
- Chapter 22 – Nuclear Chemistry
- Chapter 23 – Organic and Biological Chemistry
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.