Introduction to the Bible, 8th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Introduction to the Bible looks at this religious book from 3 different viewpoints: literary, historical and contemporary, examining the dynamics of each and the methods scholars have developed to study them. The text also encourages reflection of the contents through chapter summaries, case studies, maps and charts.
Published by Pearson (July 30th 2021) - Copyright © 2012
Category: Bible Studies
Table of contents
PART I. Introduction
1. The Three Worlds of the Bible. An Orientation
2. Preparing for the Journey. An Orientation to the Methods of Biblical Study
PART II: The Torah
3. Origins. The Book of Genesis
4. Covenant. Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and
PART III: Prophets
5. The Nation Israel. Joshua, Judges, First and Second Samuel, First and Second Kings (The Former Prophets)
6. Covenant Advocates. The Prophets of Ancient Israel (The Latter Prophets)
PART IV:The Writings
7. Israel’s Sacred Songs. Psalms, Song of Songs, and Lamentations (The Writings I)
8. The Way of Wisdom. Proverbs, Job, Ecclesiastes (The Writings II)
9. The Rest of the Writings. Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Ruth, Esther, and Daniel
PART V. After the Tanak
10. Jewish Life and Literature (200 B.C.E - 100 C.E.)
PART VI. The Gospels
11. Jesus of Nazereth
12. The Four Gospels. Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John
PART VII: The Acts of the Apostles
13. The Birth of Christianity. The Acts of the Apostles
PART IIX. Letters
14. Paul. Apostle to the Gentiles - The Letters of Paul
15. The Growing Church. The Pastoral and General Epistles, Hebrews, and the Revelation to John
PART IX: Conclusion
16. Journey On!
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.