Focus on Pharmacology: Essentials for Health Professionals, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Focus on Pharmacology presents digestible amounts of information with varied exercises to help you apply what you've learned. It covers ethics, drug administration techniques, essential math, and medication errors along with the drugs intended to treat specific body systems and associated disorders.
Published by Pearson (July 23rd 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Table of contents
Unit 1: General Principles
1. Introduction to Pharmacology
4. Drug Toxicity Pharmacogenomics
5. Law and Ethics of Medications
6. Terminology, Abbreviations, and Dispensing Prescriptions
7. Administration of Medications
Unit 2: Mathematics and Dosage Calculations
8. Principles of Math in Medicine
9. Measurement Systems and Their Equivalents
10. Adult and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
11. Medication Errors and Prevention
Unit 3: Drug Effects on Multiple Systems
12. Nutritional Aspects of Pharmacology
13. Dietary Supplements and Alternative Therapies
15. Substance Abuse and Misuse
16. Antibacterial Agents
17. Antiviral Agents
18. Antifungal Agents
19. Antiprotozoal Agents
20. Vaccines and Immunoglobulins
21. Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
22. Antineoplastic Agents
Unit 4: Drug Effects on Specific Systems
23. Drugs Used to Treat Central Nervous System Conditions
24. Drugs Used to Treat Autonomic Nervous System Conditions
25. Anesthetic Agents
26. Drugs Used to Treat Skin Conditions
27. Drugs Used to Treat Cardiovascular Conditions
28. Drugs Used to Treat Vascular Conditions
29. Drugs Used to Treat Hyperlipidemia and Related Conditions
31. Drugs Used to Treat Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
32. Drugs Used to Treat Endocrine Conditions
33. Drugs Used to Treat Reproductive Conditions
34. Drugs Used to Treat Gastrointestinal Conditions
35. Drugs Used to Treat Respiratory Conditions
36. Drugs Used to Treat Musculoskeletal Conditions
37. Drugs Used to Treat Eye Conditions
Unit 5: Special Populations
38. Drugs Used to Treat Geriatric Patients
39. Drugs Used to Treat Pediatric Patients
40. Drugs Used to Treat Pregnant Patients
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.