Organic Chemistry: A Learner Centered Approach, 1st edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Organic Chemistry: A Learner-Centered Approach teaches you how to learn organic chemistry. Rick Mullins' friendly, conversational style establishes a rapport using authority and humor. He draws on modern learning science to move you away from memorization, leading you to become a better problem solver who understands the principles linking concepts.
The narrative builds a dialog, coaching you through mechanisms and chemical reactivity. This approach equips you to succeed in organic chemistry by understanding the chemical logic behind the problem-solving process.
Published by Pearson (June 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Category: Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry Translated. Finding the Electrons
- Alkanes and Cycloalkanes. Properties and Conformational Analysis
- Acids and Bases/Electron Flow
- Chemical Reaction Analysis. Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Stereoisomerism. Arrangement of Atoms in Space
- Principles of Green (Organic) Chemistry
- Alkenes 1: Properties and Electrophilic Additions
- Alkenes 2: Oxidation and Reduction
- Alkynes: Electrophilic Addition and Redox Reactions
- Properties and Synthesis of Alkyl Halides. Radical Reactions
- Substitution and Elimination. Reaction of Haloalkanes
- Alcohols, Ethers and Related Compounds. Substitution and Elimination
- Structural Identification 1: Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
- Structural Identification 2: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Metals in Organic Chemistry
- Carbonyl Addition Reactions. Aldehydes and Ketones
- Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution 1: Carboxylic Acids
- Carboxylic Acid Derivatives. Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution 2
- Enolates/Carbonyl Addition and Substitution
- Conjugated Systems 1: Stability and Addition Reactions
- Conjugated Systems 2: Pericyclic Reactions
- Benzene 1: Aromatic Stability and Substitution Reactions
- Benzene 2.: Aromatic Stability and Substitution Reactions
- Amines. Structure, Reactions, and Synthesis
- Amino Acids, Proteins, and Peptide Synthesis
- Carbohydrates, Nucleic Acids, and Lipids
- Synthetic Polymers
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.