Organic Chemistry: A Learner Centered Approach, 1st edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Organic Chemistry: A Learner-Centered Approach will teach you how to learn Organic Chemistry. Moving away from memorization of facts and superficial shortcuts, you'll become a better problem solver with a fuller understanding of the fundamental principles that link essential concepts.
Published by Pearson (June 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Category: Organic Chemistry Two Semester
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Organic Chemistry
2. General Chemistry Translated. Finding the Electrons
3. Alkanes and Cycloalkanes. Properties and Conformational Analysis
4. Acids and Bases/Electron Flow
5. Chemical Reaction Analysis. Thermodynamics and Kinetics
6. Stereoisomerism. Arrangement of Atoms in Space
7. Principles of Green (Organic) Chemistry
8. Alkenes 1: Properties and Electrophilic Additions
9. Alkenes 2: Oxidation and Reduction
10. Alkynes: Electrophilic Addition and Redox Reactions
11. Properties and Synthesis of Alkyl Halides. Radical Reactions
12. Substitution and Elimination. Reaction of Haloalkanes
13. Alcohols, Ethers and Related Compounds. Substitution and Elimination
14. Structural Identification 1: Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
15. Structural Identification 2: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
16. Metals in Organic Chemistry
17. Carbonyl Addition Reactions. Aldehydes and Ketones
18. Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution 1: Carboxylic Acids
19. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives. Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution 2
20. Enolates/Carbonyl Addition and Substitution
21. Conjugated Systems 1: Stability and Addition Reactions
22. Conjugated Systems 2: Pericyclic Reactions
23. Benzene 1: Aromatic Stability and Substitution Reactions
24. Benzene 2.: Aromatic Stability and Substitution Reactions
25. Amines. Structure, Reactions, and Synthesis
26. Amino Acids, Proteins, and Peptide Synthesis
27. Carbohydrates, Nucleic Acids, and Lipids
28. Synthetic Polymers
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.