Child Development, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Child Development offers a comprehensive introduction to the field, covering basic theories and research findings as well as highlighting current applications outside the laboratory. Covering childhood and adolescence chronologically, author Robert Feldman seeks to excite you about the field, to draw you into its way of looking at the world, and to mold your understanding of developmental issues.
In order to help you relate the subject matter to your world, the 9th Edition includes coverage of the coronavirus pandemic and the profound effect it has had on the world. The author also highlights discussions of diversity, equity and social justice issues as they relate to developmental issues. Updated chapter prologues and epilogues explain the real-world implications of topics, illustrating how you can apply what you're learning to real-world situations.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Category: Lifespan Development
1. An Introduction to Child Development
2. Theoretical Perspectives and Research
3. The Start of Life: Genetics and Prenatal Development
4. Birth and the Newborn Infant
5. Physical Development in Infancy
6. Cognitive Development in Infancy
7. Social and Personality Development in Infancy
8. Physical Development in Preschoolers
9. Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years
10. Social and Personality Development in the Preschool Years
11. Physical Development in Middle Childhood
12. Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
13. Social and Personality Development in Middle Childhood
14. Physical Development in Adolescence
15. Cognitive Development in Adolescence
16. Social and Personality Development in Adolescence
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.