Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Edition, 8th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition offers you a strong focus on Western art, an important consideration of technique and style, and a clear point of view. Experience the history of art through analysis of the objects themselves.
Published by Pearson (July 9th 2021) - Copyright © 2016
Category: Art History
Table of contents
1. Prehistoric Art
2. Ancient Near Eastern Art
3. Egyptian Art
4. Aegean Art
5. Greek Art
6. Etruscan Art
7. Roman Art
8. Early Christian And Byzantine Art
9. Islamic Art
10. Early Medieval Art
11. Romanesque Art
12. Gothic Art
13. Art in Thirteenth and Fourteenth-Century Italy
14. Artistic Innovations in Fifteenth-Century Northern Europe
15. The Early Renaissance in Fifteenth-Century Italy
16. The High Renaissance in Italy, 1495--1520
17. The Late Renaissance and Mannerism in Sixteenth-Century Italy
18. Renaissance and Reformation in Sixteenth-Century Northern Europe
19. The Baroque in Italy and Spain
20. The Baroque in The Netherlands
21. The Baroque in France and England
22. The Rococo
23. Art in the Age of the Enlightenment, 1750--1789
24. Art in the Age of Romanticism, 1789--1848
25. The Age of Positivism: Realism, Impressionism, and the Pre-Raphaelites, 1848--1885
26. Progress and Its Discontents: Post-Impressionism, Symbolism, and Art Nouveau, 1880--1905
27. Toward Abstraction: The Modernist Revolution, 1904--1914
28. Art Between the Wars
29. Postwar to Postmodern, 1945--1980
30. The Postmodern Era: Art Since 1980
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.