Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Edition, Volume 2, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Janson's History of Art: The Western Tradition offers a strong focus on Western art, a consideration of technique and style, and a clear point of view. With a focus on the discussion of the object, its manufacture, and its visual character, the authors consider the contribution of the artist as part of the analysis.
Published by Pearson (August 15th 2021) - Copyright © 2016
Category: Art History Survey
Table of contents
13. Art in Thirteenth and Fourteenth-Century Italy
14. Artistic Innovations in Fifteenth-Century Northern Europe
15. The Early Renaissance in Fifteenth-Century Italy
16. The High Renaissance in Italy, 1495-1520
17. The Late Renaissance and Mannerism in Sixteenth-Century Italy
18. Renaissance and Reformation in Sixteenth-Century Northern Europe
19. The Baroque in Italy and Spain
20. The Baroque in The Netherlands
21. The Baroque in France and England
22. The Rococo
23. Art in the Age of the Enlightenment, 1750-1789
24. Art in the Age of Romanticism, 1789-1848
25. The Age of Positivism: Realism, Impressionism, and the Pre-Raphaelites, 1848-1885
26. Progress and Its Discontents: Post-Impressionism, Symbolism, and Art Nouveau, 1880-1905
27. Toward Abstraction: The Modernist Revolution, 1904-1914
28. Art Between the Wars
29. Postwar to Postmodern, 1945-1980
30. The Postmodern Era: Art Since 1980
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.