Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals, 2nd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals is your go-to guide for pain control practices and procedures. The text provides step-by-step instructions using easy-to-understand language and superb illustrations to help you learn new injection techniques and improve your clinical skills.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2015
Subject: Dental Sciences
Category: Anesthesia / Pain Control
Table of contents
Section I: Pain Control Concepts
1. Perspectives on Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals
2. Fundamentals of Pain Management
3. The Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of Pain Control
Section II: Pharmacology of Local Anesthetic Pain Control
4. Pharmacology Basics
5. Dental Local Anesthetic Drugs
6. Vasoconstrictors in Dentistry
7. Dose Calculations for Local Anesthetic Solutions
8. Topical Anesthetics
Section III: Injection Fundamentals
9. Local Anesthetic Delivery Devices
10. Patient Assessment for Local Anesthesia
11. Fundamentals for Administration of Local Anesthetic Agents
Section IV: Clinical Administration of Local Anesthesia
12. Injections for Maxillary Pain Control I
13. Injections for Maxillary Pain Control II. Palatal Approach
14. Injections for Mandibular Pain Control
15. Supplemental Techniques and Adjunctive Strategies
16. Troubleshooting Inadequate Anesthesia
17. Local Anesthesia Complications and Management
Section V: Special Considerations for Local Anesthesia
18. Insights for Fearful Patients
19. Insights from Pediatric Dentistry
20. Insights from Specialties: Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics
Section VI: Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Sedation
21. Fundamentals for the Administration of Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Sedation
Appendix I: Anatomical Review
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.