Forensic Accounting, 1st edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
An inside view into the practice of forensic accounting
As a result of increased litigation and regulatory enforcement, the demand for forensic accountants has never been higher. This area of specialty is considered the top niche market in the accounting profession. The new Forensic Accounting is the first text of its kind to provide a comprehensive view of what forensic accountants actually do and how they do it.
With experience as both practitioners and educators, authors Robert Rufus, Laura Miller, and William Hahn offer a unique perspective that bridges the gap between theory and practice. They present concepts in the context of a scientific approach, emphasizing critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving—skills that are useful in a wide variety of academic and professional environments. And because its content is consistent with the AICPA curriculum for the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential, this text gives your students a head start on the path toward career advancement.
Forensic Accounting facilitates an outstanding teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Introduce the requisite forensic accounting skills: The text identifies a three-layer skill set and provides students instruction in the key areas of forensic accounting expertise.
• Offer an inside view into forensic accounting practice: Integrated case studies and sample documents give students a glimpse into the actual practice of forensic accounting.
• Highlight the importance of a scientific approach: The authors explain the benefits of utilizing a scientific approach and provide opportunities for students to practice its application.
• Foster thorough understanding via learning aids: Various tools, throughout the text and at the end of each chapter, support students as they learn and review.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2015
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
Category: Forensic Accounting
- Introduction to the World of Forensic Accounting
- The Legal Environment of Forensic Accounting
- Screening and Staging Engagements
- Gathering Evidence — Interviews and Observations
- Financial Statements Analysis — Reading Between the Lines
- Fraud and White-Collar Crime
- Conducting a Fraud Investigation
- Transforming Data into Evidence (Part 1)
- Transforming Data into Evidence (Part 2)
- Professional Responsibilities
- Fundamentals of Business Valuation
- Special Topics
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.