Physics: Principles and Applications, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Engaging applications and elegant writing show the relevance of physics.
- Concrete applications, observations, and experiences that students can relate to show students how useful physics is in their everyday lives and future professions in such areas as biology, medicine, and architecture.
- Physics Applied margin notes highlight the varied and frequent applications in the text.The writing style is concise and elegant, using an economy of words to describe physics accurately and precisely.
Proven pedagogy guides students through common misconceptions to teach important problem solving skills.
- NEW! Chapter-Opening Questions, at the start of each chapter, help identify preconceived notions that students might have before they read the chapter.
- NEW! MisConceptual Questions are multiple-choice questions, at the end of each chapter, that address common student misconceptions.
- NEW! Search and Learn Problems at the end of each chapter encourage students to reread part of the text.
- Worked Examples include consistent problem solving strategies with Approach, Solution, and Note steps.
- Problem Solving Strategies throughout the book outline step-by-step approaches to get students thinking about and involved in the problem at hand.
- Conceptual Examples feature brief Socratic questions intended to stimulate students to respond before they read the Response given.
- Estimate Examples develop skills for making order-of-magnitude estimates.
- Problem Solving margin notes offer problem solving hints where needed most.
Published by Pearson (December 31st 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Category: Algebra-Based Physics
Table of contents
16. Electric Charge and Electric Field
17. Electric Potential
18. Electric Currents
19. DC Circuits
21. Electromagnetic Induction and Faraday’s Law
22. Electromagnetic Waves
23. Light: Geometric Optics
24. The Wave Nature of Light
25. Optical Instruments
26. The Special Theory of Relativity
27. Early Quantum Theory and Models of the Atom
28. Quantum Mechanics of Atoms
29. Molecules and Solids
30. Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity
31. Nuclear Energy; Effects and Uses of Radiation
32. Elementary Particles
33. Astrophysics and Cosmology
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.