Stats: Modeling the World, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Stats: Modeling the World will get you thinking statistically from the start. It leads with practical data analysis and graphics to help you think in a statistical context. Updated, relevant examples and data plus the authors' signature "Think, Show, and Tell" problem-solving method teach you to approach a question, solve the problem and communicate meaning. The 6th Edition updates and adds examples, exercises and data throughout, with access to the data where possible. Many examples and exercises are based on recent news stories, articles, and other sources, with many listed so you can explore them further.
Published by Pearson (July 22nd 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Introductory Statistics
Category: Stats: Modeling the World
Table of contents
I. EXPLORING AND UNDERSTANDING DATA
- 1. Stats Starts Here
- 2. Displaying and Describing Categorical Data
- 3. Displaying and Summarizing Quantitative Data
- 4. Understanding and Comparing Distributions
- 5. The Standard Deviation as a Ruler and the Normal Model
- Review of Part I: Exploring and Understanding Data
II. EXPLORING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN VARIABLES
- 6. Scatterplots, Association, and Correlation
- 7. Linear Regression
- 8. Regression Wisdom
- 9. Re-expressing Data: Get It Straight!
- Review of Part II: Exploring Relationships Between Variables
III. GATHERING DATA
- 10. Understanding Randomness
- 11. Sample Surveys
- 12. Experiments and Observational Studies
- Review of Part III: Gathering Data
IV. RANDOMNESS AND PROBABILITY
- 13. From Randomness to Probability
- 14. Probability Rules!
- 15. Random Variables
- 16. Probability Models
- Review of Part IV: Randomness and Probability
V. FROM THE DATA AT HAND TO THE WORLD AT LARGE
- 17. Sampling Distribution Models
- 18. Confidence Intervals for Proportions
- 19. Testing Hypotheses About Proportions
- 20. More About Tests and Intervals
- 21. Comparing Two Proportions
- Review of Part V: From the Data at Hand to the World at Large
VI. LEARNING ABOUT THE WORLD
- 22. Inferences About Means
- 23. Comparing Means
- 24. Paired Samples and Blocks
- Review of Part VI: Learning About the World
VII. INFERENCE WHEN VARIABLES ARE RELATED
- 25. Comparing Counts
- 26. Inferences for Regression
- Review of Part VII: Inference When Variables Are Related
- A. Selected Formulas
- B. Guide to Statistical Software
- C. Answers
- D. Photo and Text Acknowledgments
- E. Index
- F. Tables
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.