Microeconomics, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Economics can often be a challenging topic of study, as many of the principles and concepts you'll read about, including opportunity cost, trade-offs, scarcity, and demand and supply, may not seem applicable to your daily life. Microeconomics, Updated Edition makes these concepts relevant and interesting by demonstrating how real businesses apply them to make decisions every day.
With ever-changing US and world economies, the digitally updated 8th Edition includes fully revised content, figures, examples and features that incorporate the effects of the recent global pandemic on households, firms and economic policy. No matter your career path, whether it's opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street or bartending at the local pub, you'll benefit from grasping the economic forces behind your work.
Published by Pearson (December 22nd 2021) - Copyright © 2023
Category: Principles of Microeconomics
Table of contents
Brief Table of Contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Economics: Foundations and Models
- Appendix: Using Graphs and Formulas
- Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
- Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
- Economic Efficiency, Government Price Setting, and Taxes
- Appendix: Quantitative Demand and Supply Analysis
PART 2: MARKETS IN ACTION: POLICY AND APPLICATIONS
- Externalities, Environmental Policy, and Public Goods
- Elasticity: The Responsiveness of Demand and Supply
- The Economics of Health Care
PART 3: FIRMS IN THE DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIES
- Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
- Appendix: Present Value
- Online Appendix: Tools to Analyze Firms’ Financial Information
- Comparative Advantage and the Gains from International Trade
PART 4: MICROECONOMIC FOUNDATIONS: CONSUMERS AND FIRMS
- Consumer Choice and Behavioral Economics
- Appendix: Using Indifference Curves and Budget Lines to Understand Consumer Behavior
- Technology, Production, and Costs
- Online Appendix: Using Isoquants and Isocost Lines to Understand Production and Cost
PART 5: MARKET STRUCTURE AND FIRM STRATEGY
- Firms in Perfectly Competitive Markets
- Monopolistic Competition: The Competitive Model in a More Realistic Setting
- Oligopoly: Firms in Less Competitive Markets
- Monopoly and Antitrust Policy
PART 6: LABOR MARKETS, PUBLIC CHOICE, AND THE DISTRIBUTION OF INCOME
- The Markets for Labor and Other Factors of Production
- Public Choice, Taxes, and the Distribution of Income
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.