Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles covers the skills and diagnostic procedures today's students require. Correlating to the latest ASE Education Foundation task lists, the text will prepare you for ASE certification and entry into automotive service. Halderman guides you through procedures using practical applications and step-by-step photo sequences.
Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles is designed for your success. Its learning outcomes and objectives are aligned with ASE standards, and its concise, easy-to-read chapters present content in manageable sections. Case studies will help you handle real-world customer issues.
The 8th Edition has been fully updated to reflect the latest ASE tasks and requirements. It includes two new chapters, added case studies and expanded visuals. This title is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series.
Published by Pearson (July 7th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Automotive Technology
Category: Automatic Transmissions (A2)
- Service Information, Work Orders, and Vehicle Identification
- Introduction to Drivetrains
- Automatic Transmission Fluid, Filters and Coolers
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Hydraulic System
- Hydraulic Control Valves and Solenoids
- Torque Converters
- Power Flow Through Transmission Gear Sets
- Clutches and Bands
- Drivetrain Electricity and Electronics
- Electronic Transmission Controls
- Eight, Nine- and Ten-Speed Automatic Transmissions/Transaxles
- EV and HEV Transmissions
- Continuously Variable Transmissions
- Dual Clutch Automatic Transmissions/Transaxles
- Transmission Condition Diagnosis
- In-Vehicle Transmission/Transaxle Service
- Transmission/Transaxle Removal and Disassembly
- Valve Body Service
- Transmission/Transaxle Assembly and Installation
- Sample A2 Ase Certification-Type Test
- 2022 ASE Education Foundation Correlation Chart
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.