Excellence in Business Communication, 14th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- The latest techniques and an emphasis on business-English improvements help students succeed. The text presents the full range of on-the-job skills that today’s communicators need, from writing printed reports to using the latest digital, social, mobile and visual media.
- A unique pedagogy and presentation of practices include the 9 compositional modes required to succeed with digital and social media, and a proven 3-step process (Plan>Write>Complete), showing students how to move a project forward.
- Build Your Career activities help students create employment-communication packages.
- Apply Your Skills Now boxes help students apply skills in class and their personal lives.
- 5-Minute Guides list the steps needed to complete a variety of fundamental communication tasks.
Published by Pearson (August 24th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Business Communication
Category: Excellence in Business Communication
Table of contents
PART 1: UNDERSTANDING THE FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
- Professional Communication in a Digital, Social, Mobile World
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Collaboration and Business Etiquette
- Communication Challenges in a Diverse, Global Marketplace
PART 2: APPLYING THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS
- Planning Business Messages
- Writing Business Messages
- Completing Business Messages
PART 3: CRAFTING BRIEF BUSINESS MESSAGES
- Crafting Messages for Digital Channels
- Writing Routine and Positive Messages
- Writing Negative Messages
- Writing Persuasive Messages
PART 4: PREPARING REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Planning Reports and Proposals
- Writing and Completing Reports and Proposals
- Developing and Delivering Business Presentations
PART 5: WRITING EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES AND INTERVIEWING FOR JOBS
- Building Careers and Writing Résumés
- Applying and Interviewing for Employment
- Format and Layout of Business Documents
- Documentation of Report Sources
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.