Counseling Research: Quantitative, Qualitative, and Mixed Methods, 3rd edition
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Hallmark features of this title
- Concrete and detailed guidelines introduce the basics of how to do research, from formulating a problem, to doing a literature review, selecting a design, collecting and analyzing data, and reporting results.
- A wealth of examples from real research projects and reports helps training counselors see what concepts look like in practice.
- Exercises embedded in chapters and review and discussion questions at the end of chapters help students apply and process what they have learned more deeply.
- A complete research paper is included in Appendix B and provides an example of a finished product.
- Includes extensive coverage of ethics in research, including a stand-alone chapter on ethics and the Research Section of the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics.
Published by Pearson (December 6th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Research in Counseling
Table of contents
PART 1: An Introduction to Research in Counseling
- Contemporary Issues in Counseling Research
- Ethical Consideration in the Practice of Research
- Reviewing the Literature
- Methodological Issues
- Basic Statistical Concepts and Descriptive Statistics
PART 2: Quantitative Research Designs
- Experimental Designs
- Predictive Designs
- Single-Case Research Designs
PART 3: Qualitative Research Designs and Program Evaluation
- Case Study Research
- Grounded Theory Methodology
- Phenomenological Designs: The Philosophy of Phenomenological Research
- Narrative Research: Interpreting Lived Experience
PART 4: Survey, Mixed Designs, and Action Research
- An Overview of Survey Research
- Mixed Methods Design
- Action Research
PART 5: Data Analyses and Presentation of Findings
- Program Evaluation
- Data Management and Data Analysis Software
- Developing a Research Report
- Preamble and Research Section of the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics 2014
- Sample Research Paper
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.