Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Educational Classroom, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Hallmark features of this title
- Interviews at the start of each chapter present the personal stories of teachers, students or parents.
- Tips for Teachers offer specific advice, teaching guidelines and step-by-step procedures.
- 60-Second Lesson features present mini-lessons with detailed examples of how a teacher can make a difference for students with disabilities or diverse needs in only one minute.
- Activities for All Learners present sample lessons that include objectives, procedures and applications for classroom implementation.
- Tech Tips provide guidelines about tools, skills and strategies to enhance success for all learners, particularly students with special needs.
- Think and Apply end-of-chapter questions, activities and dilemmas challenge readers to integrate and apply the materials.
Published by Pearson (July 7th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Special Education
Table of contents
- Special Education and Inclusive Schooling
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS): Developing Equity for all Learners
- Communicating and Collaborating with Other Professionals and Families
- Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Promoting Social Acceptance and Managing Student Behavior
- Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
- Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Teaching Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Teaching Students with Lower-Incidence Disabilities
- Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for All Learners
- Promoting Content Learning Through the Teaching and Learning Connection
- Facilitating Reading
- Facilitating Writing
- Helping All Students Succeed in Mathematics
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.