Classroom Assessment: Principles and Practice that Enhance Student Learning and Motivation, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Classroom Assessment presents classroom assessment principles in a non-technical, engaging way where you learn and practice skills as you read. It draws on new research and technologies to show how to effectively use classroom assessment to improve student learning and motivation. Practical examples, suggestions and case studies demonstrate real-world strategies and techniques.
The 8th Edition integrates equity and cultural relevance in every chapter, with more coverage of sociocognitive and sociocultural tenets of learning and motivation as well as responsive assessment practices. New vignettes, written by K through 12 National Board-Certified teachers, show first-hand how to apply effective assessment to real classroom situations.
Published by Pearson (May 22nd 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Classroom Assessment
- The Role of Assessment in Teaching and Learning
- Standards and Cognitive Learning Targets
- High-Quality Classroom Assessment
- Informal/Embedded Formative Assessment
- Formal Formative Assessment
- Planning and Implementing Summative Classroom Assessments
- Using Large-Scale Standards-Based, Growth and Other Standardized Tests
- Selected-Response Assessment: Multiple-Choice, Binary-Choice, Matching, and Interpretive Items
- Constructed-Response Assessment: Completion, Short-Answer, and Essay Items
- Performance Assessment: Projects, Papers and Presentations
- Portfolios: Paper and Digital
- Assessing Social and Intrapersonal Dispositions and Skills
- Assessment for Students with Disabilities and Exceptionalities
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Assessment
- Grading and Reporting Student Performance
- Fundamental Descriptive Statistics and Scaled Scores
- Example of Student Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Self-Instructional Review Exercise Answers
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.