The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, 8th edition
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Hallmark features of this title
- Chapter-opening case studies introduce a wide variety of real-world situations and portray diverse populations in both client and social worker roles.
- Critical-thinking questions in each chapter challenge readers to consider the meaning and complexity of social work’s values as they guide ethical practice.
- Up for Debate boxes challenge students’ current understanding of controversial issues and present opposing views on various social work topics.
- Social work professional values and ethics; issues of human diversity, equity, and inclusion; environmental justice; social policy; and descriptions of 8 fields of generalist social work practice are woven throughout each chapter.
Published by Pearson (December 12th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Social Work & Human Services
Category: Introduction to Social Work
Table of contents
- The Social Work Profession
- Social Justice, Poverty, and Diversity: The Intersectionality of Multiple Factors
- Social Welfare Policy: Historical Perspectives
- Family and Children’s Services
- Social Work in Mental Health
- Social Work in Health Care
- Social Work in the Schools
- Social Work with Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
- Social Work with Older Adults
- Social Work in the Justice System
- Developmental Disabilities and Social Work
- The Social Work Profession Looks to the Future
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.