Crisis Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention, 4th edition
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Crisis Assessment, Intervention and Prevention provides vital information on effectively assessing, preventing and intervening in crisis situations as a mental health professional. Clinical and practical guidance shows you how to assess and react to various crises involving suicide, homicide, intimate partner violence, sexual violence, sexual abuse, bereavement/grief, substance use, natural disasters, wars, and terrorism. Real-world applications and first-hand experiences familiarize you with crisis-intervention situations and issues, and let you practice skills before encountering a problem for the first time in the field. Counselor safety, self-care, and wellness coverage offers guidance on how you can stay safe and healthy as you serve diverse clients in a changing world.
The 4th Edition features new content on preparedness and responses in schools and universities; technological and distance counseling; and more.
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Published by Pearson (November 15th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Crisis Intervention & Prevention
Table of contents
Part I: Elements of Crisis Intervention
- Basic Concepts of Crisis Intervention: Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry, Jason M. McGlothlin, and Bradley T. Erford
- Safety Concerns in Crisis Situations: James Jackson, Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry, Latofia Parker, and Bradley T. Erford
- Ethical and Legal Considerations in Crisis Counseling: Paul F. Hard, Laura L. Talbott-Forbes, Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry, and Bradley T. Erford
- Essential Crisis Intervention Skills: Bradley T. Erford and Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry
- Loss, Grief, and Bereavement: Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry and Bradley T. Erford
Part II: Special Issues in Crisis Intervention
- Risk Assessment and Intervention: Suicide, Nonsuicidal Self-Injury, and Homicide: Judith Harrington, Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry, and Bradley T. Erford
- Understanding and Treating Substance Use Disorders with Clients in Crisis: Bradley T. Erford and Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry
- Intimate Partner Violence and Domestic Violence: Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry and Bradley T. Erford
- Sexual Violence: Robin Lee and Jennifer Jordan
- Child Sexual Abuse: Carrie Wachter Morris
- Military and First Responder Populations: Seth C. W. Hayden and Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry
- Emergency Preparedness and Response in the Community and Workplace: Jason M. McGlothlin
- Emergency Preparedness and Response in Schools and Universities: Bradley T. Erford and Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry
- Counselor Self-Care in Crisis Situations: James Jackson, Lisa R. Jackson-Cherry, and Bradley T. Erford
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.