Juvenile Justice In America, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Perspectives within the juvenile justice system
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight real examples of evidence-based practices and programs.
- Focus boxes scrutinize juvenile justice laws, social policy and intervention programs, while offering insights into offenders’ thoughts and motivations.
- Thinking Like a Corrections Professional boxes help students consider how they might handle an issue or challenge in juvenile justice.
- Career boxes detail how practitioners in juvenile justice work effectively with youth offenders.
- Critical-thinking and review questions appear at the end of chapters and certain boxes.
- Group exercises in each chapter include exercises for small group discussions, writing exercises and suggestions for class debate topics.
Published by Pearson (July 25th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Juvenile Justice
Table of contents
- Juvenile Justice
- The Extent and Nature of Juvenile Crime
- Causes of Juvenile Crime
- Gender and Juvenile Justice
- The Prevention of Delinquency
- The Police
- The Juvenile Court
- Juveniles in Adult Court
- Community Corrections
- Juvenile Institutionalization
- Juvenile Aftercare
- Treatment Technologies
- Juvenile Gangs
- Drugs and Delinquency
- Juvenile Justice in the Twenty-First Century
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.