Supervision of Police Personnel, 10th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Time-tested preparation for promotional exams
- The text is closely aligned with police sergeant and lieutenant job analyses and associated promotional exams.
- Tips for preparing for promotional exams appear in the preface, including how to use this text as a resource.
- Photographs in every chapter enhance recall of topics as students prepare for promotional exams.
Legal and professional obligations of leadership
- Coverage of the legal and professional aspects of leadership aligns the text with current laws as well as preferred practices of progressive police organizations.
- Proven techniques for leading personnel, such as boosting and maintaining morale, builds an appreciation for supervisory and managerial roles and how to maximize leadership potential.
Published by Pearson (October 1st 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Policing / Law Enforcement
Table of contents
- The Supervisor’s Role
- The Supervisor’s Function in Organization, Administration, and Management
- Leadership, Supervision, and Command Presence
- The Training Function: Problems and Approaches to the Instructional Process
- Interpersonal Communications
- Principles of Employee Interviewing
- Some Psychological Aspects of Supervision
- Special Problems in Counseling and Remediation
- Employee Dissatisfaction and Grievances
- Discipline: Principles, Policies, and Practices
- Personnel Complaint Investigation Procedures and Techniques
- Personnel Evaluation Systems and Performance Rating Standards
- Tactical Deployment of Field Forces
- Legal Knowledge Every Supervisor and Manager Should Have
- Other Important Supervisory and Management Topics
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.