Prehospital Emergency Care, 12th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Hallmark features of this title
- Step-by-step EMT skills at the end of chapters demonstrate skill performance with detailed instructions and realistic photos.
- Emergency Care Algorithms visually summarize assessment and care steps.
- Assessment tips and summaries help the EMT conduct assessments and interpret findings for specific medical and trauma emergencies.
- Pathophysiology Pearls explain the causes of medical conditions to help EMTs make the right treatment decisions for each patient.
- Drug profiles offer comprehensive specifications for medications that EMTs are permitted to administer.
- Case studies link concepts to real situations. Pathophysiology notes in case study follow-ups explain the “why” of symptoms and recommended care.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Emergency Services (BRADY)
Category: Emergency Medical Technician
Table of contents
PART 1: PREPARATORY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
- Emergency Medical Service Systems, Research, and Public Health
- Workforce Safety and Wellness of the EMT
- Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
- Lifting and Moving Patients
PART 2: ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology
PART 3: PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
PART 4: LIFE SPAN DEVELOPMENT
- Life Span Development
PART 5: AIRWAY MANAGEMENT, RESPIRATION, VENTILATION, AND OXYGENATION
- Airway Management, Respiration, Ventilation, and Oxygenation
PART 6: ASSESSMENT
- Vital Signs, Monitoring Devices, and History Taking
- Scene Size-Up
- Patient Assessment
PART 7: GENERAL PHARMACOLOGY AND MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION
- General Pharmacology and Medication Administration
PART 8: SHOCK AND RESUSCITATION
- Shock and Resuscitation
PART 9: MEDICAL
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Altered Mental Status, Stroke, and Headache
- Seizures and Syncope
- Acute Diabetic Emergencies
- Allergic and Anaphylactic Reactions
- Toxicologic Emergencies and Infectious Diseases
- Abdominal, Hematologic, Gynecologic, Genitourinary, and Renal Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Submersion Incidents: Drowning and Diving Emergencies
- Vulnerable Populations: Psychiatric Emergencies and Psychosocial Issues
PART 10: TRAUMA
- Trauma Overview: The Trauma Patient and the Trauma System
- Bleeding and Soft Tissue Trauma
- Musculoskeletal Trauma and Nontraumatic Fractures
- Head Trauma
- Spinal Injury and Spine Motion Restriction
- Eye, Face, and Neck Trauma
- Chest Trauma
- Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma
- Multisystem Trauma and Trauma in Special Patient Populations
PART 11: SPECIAL PATIENT POPULATIONS
- Obstetrics and Neonatal Care
- Patients with Special Challenges
- The Combat Veteran
PART 12: EMS OPERATIONS
- Ambulance Operations and Air Medical Response
- Gaining Access and Patient Extrication
- Hazardous Materials
- Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Incident Management
- EMS Response to Terrorist Incidents and High Threat and Active Shooter Incidents
- ALS-Assist Skills
- Advanced Airway Management
- Agricultural and Industrial Emergencies
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.