Drugs, Behavior, and Modern Society, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Drugs, Behavior and Modern Society examines the impact of drug-taking behavior on our society and our daily lives. In order to help you understand the factors that impact drug use, author Charles Levinthal discusses the use and abuse of a wide range of licit and illicit drugs from historical, biological, psychological and sociological perspectives. This comprehensive review of psychoactive drugs is notable for the attention it pays to steroid abuse and inhalant abuse, drug-taking behaviors that are often overlooked in other texts.
The 9th Edition covers recent changes in drug-taking behavior and associated social issues, including the impact of the COVID pandemic on issues relating to substance abuse and treatment.
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2023) - Copyright © 2023
Category: Behavioral Psychology
- Drugs and Behavior Today
- Drug-Taking Behavior: Personal and Social Issues
- How Drugs Work in the Body and on the Mind
- The Major Stimulants: Cocaine and Amphetamines
- LSD and Other Hallucinogens
- Alcohol: Social Beverage/Social Drug
- Chronic Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Tobacco Use and Nicotine Vaping
- Performance-Enhancing Drugs and Drug Testing
- Sedative-Hypnotics, Anxiolytic Drugs and Inhalants
- Prescription Drugs, Over-the-Counter Drugs and Dietary Supplements
- Psychiatric Drugs
- Substance Abuse Prevention: Resilience and Resistance
- Substance Abuse Treatment: Strategies for Change
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.