Discrete Mathematics with Graph Theory (Classic Version), 3rd edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- A friendly, conversational, humorous style with emphasis on writing and critical-thinking skills.
- More than 150Pauses (short questions) inserted at strategic points. Full solutions to Pauses are included at the end of each section.
- More than 300 worked examples and 3500 exercises. The problem sets are carefully graded by level of difficulty.
- Topics in discrete math are used as a vehicle for teaching proofs.
- An unusually strong emphasis on graph theory, incorporating its coverage throughout six chapters.
- A glossary of definitions and a list of symbols and notation.
Published by Pearson (March 1st 2023) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Advanced Math
Category: Discrete Math
Table of contents
- 0. Yes, There Are Proofs!
- 1. Logic
- 2. Sets and Relations
- 3. Functions
- 4. The Integers
- 5. Induction and Recursion
- 6. Principles of Counting
- 7. Permutations and Combinations
- 8. Algorithms
- 9. Graphs
- 10. Paths and Circuits
- 11. Applications of Paths and Circuits
- 12. Trees
- 13. Planar Graphs and Colorings
- 14. The Max Flow -- Min Cut Theorem
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.