Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers, 10th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers is the most complete guide to OSHA standards, for tomorrow's practitioners. This practical resource prepares safety and health professionals to practice in an age of rising global competition and technological change.
Goetsch explores OSHA standards and all core safety and health topics, including those not covered in OSHA. His direct, straightforward presentation makes the theories and principles of occupational safety and health practical and useful in a real-world setting.
The 10th Edition is a major revision encompassing new regulations, revised regulations, and other new and updated material supporting your success in occupational safety and health courses.
Published by Pearson (May 30th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Engineering Technology
Category: Industrial Safety / Health
PART 1: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE AND OVERVIEW
- Safety and Health Movement, Then and Now
- Accidents and Their Effects
- Theories of Accident Causation
- Roles and Professional Certifications for Safety and Health Professionals
- Safety, Health, and Competition in the Global Marketplace
PART 2: LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- The OSH Act, Standards, and Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Product Safety and Liability
PART 3: THE HUMAN ELEMENT
- Ergonomic Hazards: Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs)
- Stress and Safety
- Safety and Health Training
- Violence in the Workplace
PART 4: HAZARD ASSESSMENT, PREVENTION, AND CONTROL
- Mechanical Hazards and Machine Safeguarding
- Falling, Impact, Acceleration, and Vision Hazards with Appropriate PPE
- Hazards of Temperature Extremes
- Pressure Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Hazards and Life Safety
- Industrial Hygiene and Confined Spaces
- Radiation Hazards
- Noise and Vibration Hazards
- Computers, Automation, and Robots
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Bacterial Hazards in the Workplace
PART 5: MANAGEMENT OF SAFETY AND HEALTH
- Preparing for Emergencies, Disasters, and Terrorism
- Ethics and Safety
- Hazard Analysis/Prevention and Safety Management
- Promoting Safety
- Environmental Safety
- TSM: Total Safety Management in a Quality Management Setting
- Establishing a Safety-First Corporate Culture
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.