Statistics for Psychology, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- The authors provide a concise summary of definitional formulas mathematically, verbally and visually. This helps students understand the logic behind the procedure.
- Examples of how a statistical method is reported in contemporary journal articles help students understand this key skill.
- The inclusion of the most current statistical theory and applications helps students achieve an up-to-date understanding.
- How Are You Doing exercises for each chapter serve as a checkpoint for students.
- SPSS screen shots included within the text facilitate learning.
- The correlation chapter uses the more intuitive formula for calculating correlation coefficients based on Zscores. This better helps students understand the logic of correlation coefficients.
Published by Pearson (July 1st 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Research Methods & Statistics
Category: Statistics for Psychology
Table of contents
- Displaying the Order in a Group of Numbers Using Tables and Graphs
- Central Tendency and Variability
- Some Key Ingredients for Inferential Statistics
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Hypothesis Tests with Means of Samples
- Making Sense of Statistical Significance
- Introduction to t Tests
- The t Test for Independent Means
- Introduction to the Analysis of Variance
- Factorial Analysis of Variance
- Chi-Square Tests
- Strategies When Population Distributions Are Not Normal
- The General Linear Model and Making Sense of Advanced Statistical Procedures in Research Articles
- Steps of Hypothesis Testing for Major Procedures
- Answers to Set 1 Practice Problems
WEB CHAPTERS (Downloadable at Student Resource Page)
- Overview of the Logic and Language of Psychology Research
- Applying Statistical Methods in Your Own Research Project
- Repeated Measures Analysis of Variance
- Integration and the General Linear Model
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.