Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science, and AI, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Hallmark features of this title
- Prepares tomorrow’s managers for roles in decision support systems, business intelligence (BI) and analytics, emphasizing methods, software and the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Opening vignettes and application cases present BI problems and solutions, apply specific techniques or models, and illustrate how organizations use analytics and AI technology effectively.
- Real-world cases and examples demonstrate capabilities, costs and justifications of BI.
- Boxed features call out key technology; color charts, graphs and figures illustrate data and processes.
- Chapter highlights, key terms, exercises, section review questions and Internet assignments provide hands-on practice.
- Pearsonhighered.com/sharda offers application exercise files and other key resources.
Published by Pearson (August 30th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Management Information Systems
Category: Business Intelligence / Analytics
Table of contents
- An Overview of Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science, and AI
- Artificial Intelligence: Concepts, Drivers, Major Technologies, and Business Applications
- Descriptive Analytics I: Nature of Data, Big Data, and Statistical Modeling
- Descriptive Analytics II: Business Intelligence Data Warehousing, and Visualization
- Predictive Analytics I: Data Mining Process, Methods, and Algorithms
- Predictive Analytics II: Text, Web, and Social Media Analytics
- Deep Learning and Cognitive Computing
- Prescriptive Analytics: Optimization and Simulation
- Landscape of Business Analytics Tools
- AI-Based Trends in Analytics and Data Science
- Ethical, Privacy, and Managerial Considerations in Analytics
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.