Technology in Action, 18th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Hallmark features of this title
- Try This projects develop professional knowledge (e.g., the "What Does Facebook Know About You?" project explores the information social media platforms collect about users).
- Solve This projects reinforce chapter concepts, prompting students to use Microsoft® Office skills to solve real-world problems.
- Make This projects teach mobile app development for Android or iOS. Students use app-building platforms to create fully functional mobile apps.
Real-world, student-focused learning
- Managing a Digital lifestyle (ethics and challenges) coverage helps students navigate topics such as the Dark Web, data privacy and using cryptocurrency.
- Tech careers coverage discusses current trends, including the way AI and other tech will impact careers.
Published by Pearson (July 7th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Computer Concepts
Category: Technology in Action
Table of contents
- The Impact of Technology in a Changing World
- Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
- Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
- Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
- System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
- Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
- Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
- Managing Your Digital Lifestyle: Challenges and Ethics
- Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
- Behind the Scenes: Software Programming
- Behind the Scenes: Databases and Information Systems
- Behind the Scenes: Networking and Security in the Business World
- Behind the Scenes: How the Internet Works
- The History of the Personal Computer
- Careers in IT
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.