Pearson Reviews & Rationales: Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN, 4th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Thousands of NCLEX® practice questions, of all types
- Practice Test sections provide a quiz at the end of each chapter to test students’ mastery of chapter concepts.
- Additional Practice Questions section at the end of the text consists of 265 questions reflecting a blend of client needs.
- Answers & Rationales section after each Practice Test explains the “why” behind each answer and offers test-taking strategies.
A focus on concepts tested on the NCLEX-RN exam
- Memory Aid boxes tie specific content to the Test Plan and offer hints for recall during testing.
- NCLEX Alerts identify, with an icon, concepts likely to be tested on the exam.
- Check Your NCLEX-RN Exam I.Q., at the end of each chapter, helps students assess their readiness for the exam against chapter topics.
Published by Pearson (November 6th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: NCLEX Prep
Category: Pearson Reviews & Rationales: Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN
Table of contents
SECTION 1: PREPARING FOR THE NCLEX-RN® EXAM
- The NCLEX-RN® Licensing Examination
- Test Preparation and Test-Taking Strategies
SECTION 2: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE CARE ENVIRONMENT: MANAGEMENT OF CARE
- Legal and Ethical Nursing Practice
- Nursing Leadership and Management
SECTION 3: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE CARE ENVIRONMENT: SAFETY AND INFECTION CONTROL
- Injury Prevention, Disaster Planning, and Protecting Client Safety
- Preventing and Controlling Infection
SECTION 4: HEALTH PROMOTION AND MAINTENANCE
- Reproduction, Family Planning, and Infertility
- Uncomplicated Antenatal Assessment and Care
- Uncomplicated Labor and Delivery Care
- Uncomplicated Postpartum Assessment and Care
- Uncomplicated Newborn Care
- Lifespan Growth and Development
- Providing Immunizations
- Health and Physical Assessment
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Age-Related Care of Older Adults
SECTION 5: PSYCHOSOCIAL INTEGRITY
- Therapeutic Communication and Environment
- Coping with Stressors
- Mental Health Disorders
- Substance Use and Addictive Disorders
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide
- End-of-Life Care
SECTION 6: PHYSIOLOGICAL INTEGRITY: BASIC CARE AND COMFORT
- Meeting Nutritional Needs
- Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Maintaining the Function of Tubes and Drains
- Integrative Therapies
SECTION 7: PHYSIOLOGICAL INTEGRITY: PHARMACOLOGICAL AND PARENTERAL THERAPIES
- Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood and Blood Component Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Maternal and Newborn Medications
- Psychiatric Medications
- Respiratory Medications
- Cardiovascular Medications
- Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Medications
- Renal Medications
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Medications
- Endocrine Medications
- Integumentary Medications
- Eye and Ear Medications
- Antineoplastic Medications
- Immunologic and Anti-Infective Medications
SECTION 8: PHYSIOLOGICAL INTEGRITY: REDUCTION OF RISK POTENTIAL
- Common Laboratory Tests
- Common Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
- Perioperative Care
SECTION 9: PHYSIOLOGICAL INTEGRITY: PHYSIOLOGICAL ADAPTATION
- Complicated Antenatal Care
- Complicated Labor and Delivery Care
- Complicated Postpartum Care
- Complicated Newborn Care
- Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
- Acid–Base Imbalances
- Respiratory Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Neurologic Disorders
- Renal or Genitourinary Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Integumentary Disorders
- Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
- Hematologic Disorders
- Oncologic Disorders
- Immunologic Disorders
- Communicable or Infectious Diseases
- Basic Life Support
Additional Non-NGN Practice Questions
Answer Key for Additional Practice Questions
- NGN Case Studies
- Nursing Notes
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.