Society: The Basics, 16th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Hallmark features of this title
- Seeing Sociology in Everyday Life features highlight the relevance of sociological concepts in today’s world.
- Thinking About Diversity: Race, Class, and Gender features prompt students to consider how differing identities intersect and impact society.
- Controversy & Debate features present key issues in the field about which experts have disagreed.
- Global comparisons, including Thinking Globally features, highlight how societies differ across the world.
- Power of Society figures present evidence of how society shapes our major life decisions, countering the common belief that life is a matter of personal choice.
- Chapter 5, Mass Media and Social Media explores the effects of social media on individuals, relationships and society using the latest research.
Published by Pearson (July 6th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Introduction to Sociology
Table of contents
- Sociology: Perspective, Theory and Method
- Socialization: From Infancy to Old Age
- Social Interaction in Everyday Life
- Mass Media and Social Media
- Groups and Organizations
- Sexuality and Society
- Social Stratification
- Global Stratification
- Gender Stratification
- Race and Ethnicity
- Economics and Politics
- Family and Religion
- Education, Health and Medicine
- Population, Urbanization and Environment
- Social Change: Modern and Postmodern Societies
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.