Auditing and Assurance Services, 18th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Auditing and Assurance Services examines the process of conducting an audit from start to finish. The text's primary objective is to illustrate auditing concepts using practical examples and real-world settings. Using key real audit decisions as your foundation, you'll be able to successfully conduct an audit according to a financial reporting framework.
The 18th Edition contains the latest standards and codes as well as new data analysis and sample CPA-style questions to help you prepare for the actual exam.
Published by Pearson (June 22nd 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
PART 1: THE AUDITING PROFESSION
- The Demand for Audit and Other Assurance Services
- The CPA Profession
- Audit Reports
- Professional Ethics
- Legal Liability
PART 2: THE AUDIT PROCESS
- Audit Responsibilities and Objectives
- Audit Evidence
- Audit Planning and Materiality
- Assessing the Risk of Material Misstatement
- Assessing and Responding to Fraud Risks
- Internal Control and Coso Framework
- Assessing Control Risk and Reporting on Internal Controls
- Overall Audit Strategy and Audit Program
PART 3: APPLICATION OF THE AUDIT PROCESS TO THE SALES AND COLLECTION CYCLE
- Audit of the Sales and Collection Cycle: Tests of Controls and Substantive Tests of Transactions
- Audit Sampling for Tests of Controls and Substantive Tests of Transactions
- Completing the Tests in the Sales and Collection Cycle: Accounts Receivable
- Audit Sampling for Tests of Details of Balances
PART 4: APPLICATION OF THE AUDIT PROCESS TO OTHER CYCLES
- Audit of the Acquisition and Payment Cycle: Tests of Controls, Substantive Tests of Transactions, and Accounts Payable
- Completing the Tests in the Acquisition and Payment Cycle: Verification of Selected Accounts
- Audit of the Payroll and Personnel Cycle
- Audit of the Inventory and Warehousing Cycle
- Audit of the Capital Acquisition and Repayment Cycle
- Audit of Cash and Financial Instruments
PART 5: COMPLETING THE AUDIT
- Completing the Audit
PART 6: OTHER ASSURANCE AND NONASSURANCE SERVICES
- Other Assurance Services
- Internal and Governmental Financial Auditing and Operational Auditing
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.