Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Applications of healthcare IT
- Students learn to use advanced technologies such as Web 2.0 solutions, virtual training, integrated “smart technologies” and robotics.
- IT in new healthcare delivery systems is covered in the context of magnet hospitals, patient-centered medical homes and accountable care organizations.
- HIPAA coverage helps students use patient-related IT tools without compromising patient privacy.
Exam prep and industry insight
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) recommends this title as a review resource for the ANCC nursing informatics certification exam.
- Future Directions sections at the end of each chapter forecast the evolution of chapter topics.
- Case Study exercises at the end of each chapter discuss real applications of concepts.
Published by Pearson (August 8th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Upper-Level Nursing
Category: Nursing Informatics
Table of contents
- An Overview of Informatics in Healthcare
- Informatics Theory and Practice
- The Challenges of Technology in Healthcare
- Electronic Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Using Informatics to Support Evidence-Based Practice and Research
- Policy, Legislation, and Regulation Issues for Informatics Practice
- Electronic Health Information and Record Systems
- Strategic Planning and Project Management Concepts for HIT and Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Healthcare Information Technology: Implementation, Maintenance, and Evaluation
- Improving the Usability of Health Informatics Applications
- Information Networks and Information Exchange
- Workforce Development
- Information Security and Confidentiality
- Continuity Planning and Management and Disaster Recovery
- The Role of Standardized Terminology and Language in Informatics
- Using Informatics to Educate
- Consumer Health Informatics
- Connected Healthcare (Telehealth and Technology-Enabled Healthcare)
- Public Health Informatics
- A Glimpse into the Future of Nursing Informatics
- Hardware and Software
- Networks, Network Security
- An Overview of Tools for the Informatics Nurse
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.