Accounting Information Systems, 16th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- Chapter-opening cases introduce important material and reinforce key concepts. Summaries present solutions to the issues raised in the cases.
- Real-world examples help students understand how companies are using the latest technological developments to improve their AIS.
- Hands-on exercises help students hone their technology skills.
- Problems, pulled from current periodicals and CPA, CMA, CIA, and SMAC exams, let students practice answering exam-style questions.
- Hundreds of graphics (figures, diagrams, flowcharts and tables) enhance students’ understanding of the concepts.
- Easily reorder chapters to focus on the material most appropriate for your course.
Published by Pearson (April 10th 2024) - Copyright © 2025
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
Category: Accounting Information Systems
Table of contents
PART 1: CONCEPTUAL FOUNDATIONS OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Accounting Information Systems: An Overview
- Overview of Transaction Processing and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Systems Documentation Techniques
PART 2: DATA ANALYTICS
- Relational Databases
- Introduction to Data Analytics in Accounting
- Transforming Data
- Data Analysis and Presentation
PART 3: CONTROL OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Fraud and Errors
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Techniques
- Control and Accounting Information Systems
- Controls for Information Security
- Confidentiality and Privacy Controls
- Processing Integrity and Availability Controls
PART 4: ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS
- The Revenue Cycle: Sales to Cash Collections
- The Expenditure Cycle: Purchasing to Cash Disbursements
- The Production Cycle
- The Human Resources Management and Payroll Cycle
- General Ledger and Reporting System
PART 5: THE REA DATA MODEL
- Database Design Using the REA Data Model
- Implementing an REA Model in a Relational Database
- Special Topics in REA Modeling
PART 6: THE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
- Introduction to Systems Development and Systems Analysis
- AIS Development Strategies
- Systems Design, Implementation, and Operation
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.