Constitutional Law: Governmental Powers and Individual Freedoms, Updated Edition, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- Modern Challenges feature in each chapter predicts the constitutional questions courts might soon face.
- Your Constitutional Values feature in each chapter raises awareness of the prevalence of constitutional law in all areas of government.
- Constitutional Law in Action feature at the end of each chapter prompts students to complete real legal assignments, such as outlining an argument for an appellate brief.
- Key documents in the appendices include the US Constitution, selected statutes, select Federalist papers, select Executive Orders and the history of US Supreme Court justices by seat.
- A companion website explores constitutional law and civil liberties through video and audio recordings of appellate oral arguments.
Published by Pearson (July 19th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Paralegal Studies
Category: Constitutional Law for Paralegals
Table of contents
- Constitutionalism and Rule of Law
- Dividing Governmental Power
- The Judiciary: Its Role and Jurisdiction
- The Presidency
- Administrative Agencies in the Constitutional Scheme
- Contemporary Federalism: The State and Federal Relationship
- The Bill of Rights
- First Amendment Freedoms of Expression, Association, and Press
- Religion and the Constitution
- Substantive Due Process: Privacy, Personal Autonomy, and Other Liberties
- Equal Protection
- Civil Liberties in the Criminal Justice System
- Constitution of the United States of America
Access more appendices on the textbook website.
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.