Statics and Mechanics of Materials, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Key author content enhances conceptual understanding
- Procedures for Analysis provide a logical, orderly method for analyzing general and specific mechanics problems.
- Important Points summarize crucial concepts and what should be known to apply the theory to solve problems.
- End-of-chapter Reviews provide a concise study tool. Each important point is accompanied by the relevant equation and art.
Real-world problem types connect theory to application
- Conceptual Problems engage students in thinking through a real-life situation depicted in a photo.
- Free-Body Diagram Problems let students practice key skills in solving equilibrium problems.
- Homework Problems with various levels of difficulty let students apply their knowledge to realistic situations.
Published by Pearson (May 26th 2023) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Engineering Mechanics
Category: Statics & Mechanics of Materials
Table of contents
- General Principles
- Force Vectors
- Force System Resultants
- Equilibrium of a Rigid Body
- Structural Analysis
- Center of Gravity, Centroid, and Moment of Inertia
- Stress and Strain
- Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Axial Load
- Transverse Shear
- Combined Loadings
- Stress and Strain Transformation
- Design of Beams and Shafts
- Deflection of Beams and Shafts
- Buckling of Columns
- Mathematical Review and Expressions
- Geometric Properties of an Area and Volume
- Geometric Properties of Wide-Flange Sections
- Slopes and Deflections of Beams
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.