Educational Psychology: Active Learning Edition, 15th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Learn to connect educational psychology research to classroom practice
- Point/Counterpoint sections in each chapter present two perspectives on a controversial topic in the field of education.
- Guidelines appear throughout each chapter, providing concrete applications of theories or principles discussed. Guidelines: Family and Community Partnerships offer specific strategies for involving all families in their children's learning.
- Reaching Every Student sections offer ideas for assessing, teaching and motivating all students in today's inclusive classrooms.
- Lessons for Teachers are succinct and usable principles for teaching based on the research presented.
- Stop and Think activities give students firsthand experience with the concept being discussed.
Published by Pearson (November 6th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Introduction to Educational Psychology
Table of contents
PART I: SETTING THE STAGE
- Learning, Teaching, and Educational Psychology
- Who Are You? Who Are Your Students? Culture and Diversity
PART II: DEVELOPMENT: SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES
- Cognitive Development
- The Self, Social, and Moral Development
- Learner Differences and Learning Needs
- Language Development, Language Diversity, and Immigrant Education
PART III: LEARNING AND MOTIVATION
- Behavioral Views of Learning
- Cognitive Views of Learning
- Complex Cognitive Processes
- Constructivism and Interactive Learning
- Social Cognitive Views of Learning and Motivation
- Motivation in Learning and Teaching
PART IV: TEACHING AND ASSESSING
- Creating Supportive Learning Environments
- Teaching Every Student
- Classroom Assessment, Grading, and Standardized Testing
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.