Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, Being, 14th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- The authors are active CB instructors and researchers who use a conversational, lively narrative to speak to today’s students.
- Relevant examples, research studies, and references to brands students know and love engage them in the readings.
- Cases examine people and companies across the globe, including Amazon, Hyundai and Beyoncé, and show practical applications of CB.
- Chapter-Opening Objectives and End-of-Chapter Summaries, organized around these objectives, help keep students focused on key issues and understand the material they’ve just read.
- Discuss and Apply sections provide provocative questions and project ideas to further engage learners.
- Trending terms, such as “algorithm bias” and “metaverse,” are defined and incorporated throughout the text.
Published by Pearson (December 12th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Consumer Behavior
Table of contents
SECTION 1: FOUNDATIONS OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOR
- Buying, Having, and Being: An Introduction to Consumer Behavior
- Consumer Ethics, the Marketplace, and the Planet
SECTION 2: MAKING SENSE OF THE WORLD
- Perceiving and Making Meaning
- Learning, Remembering and Knowing
SECTION 3: BUYING AND HAVING: CHOOSING AND USING PRODUCTS
- Attitudes and How to Change Them
- Buying, Using, and Disposing
SECTION 4: BEING: USING PRODUCTS TO CREATE AND COMMUNICATE IDENTITY
- Identity and the Self
- Personality, Lifestyles, and Values
- Social and Cultural Identity
SECTION 5: BELONGING
- How Groups Define Us
- Social Class and Status
- Data Cases
- Careers in Consumer Research
- Consumer Research Methods
- Sources of Secondary Data
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.