Quantitative Analysis for Management, 14th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- A flexible approach lets instructors omit sections or intricate mathematical procedures, without interrupting the flow of material.
- Excel is used to solve problems in the text. An Excel QM Add-in helps students perform calculations with Excel and improve their skills. POM-QM for Windows is a powerful software package specifically for QM that uses the full capabilities of Windows to solve problems.
- Procedure boxes summarize complex quantitative techniques, presenting them as digestible steps.
- QA in Action boxes show how real companies use quantitative analysis to solve issues.
- Solved Problems, Discussion Questions, and Self Tests test students’ comprehension.
- A Companion Website (pearson.com/render) provides online-only modules, and additional problems and cases.
Published by Pearson (September 17th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Management Science
Table of contents
- Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
- Probability Concepts and Applications
- Decision Analysis
- Regression Models
- Inventory Control Models
- Linear Programming Models: Graphical and Computer Methods
- Linear Programming Applications
- Transportation, Assignment, and Network Models
- Integer Programming, Goal Programming, and Nonlinear Programming
- Project Management
- Waiting Lines and Queuing Theory Models
- Simulation Modeling
- Markov Analysis
- Statistical Quality Control
- Areas Under the Standard Normal Curve
- Binomial Probabilities
- Values of for Use in the Poisson Distribution
- F Distribution Values
- Using POM-QM for Windows
- Using Excel QM and Excel Add-Ins
- Solutions to Selected Problems
- Solutions to Self-Tests
- Analytic Hierarchy Process
- Dynamic Programming
- Decision Theory and the Normal Distribution
- Game Theory
- Mathematical Tools: Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus-Based Optimization
- Linear Programming: The Simplex Method
- Transportation, Assignment, and Network Algorithms
- Business Analytics
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.