Leadership and Management for Nurses: Core Competencies for Quality Care, 5th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- Reports of the IOM/NAM are discussed throughout, as they offer significant contributions to knowledge about healthcare and healthcare delivery.
- What’s Ahead introduces each chapter’s content.
- Learning outcomes help direct the way students read and approach each chapter.
- Applying Evidence-Based Practice gives examples of evidence focused on leadership and management. This includes a citation of a published article or report and questions to consider.
- Two case studies in each chapter focus on application of the chapter’s content.
- What Do You Observe? asks students to use observation as a method for expanding learning and applying content.
Published by Pearson (December 29th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Upper-Level Nursing
Category: Leadership & Management in Nursing
Table of contents
SECTION I: BASIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
- Conceptual Base for Leadership and Management
- Healthcare Policy, Legal Issues, and Ethics in Healthcare Delivery
- Operational and Strategic Planning: Change, Innovation, and Decision Making
- Organizational Structure for Effective Care Delivery
- Healthcare Economics
- Acute Care Organizations: An Example of a Healthcare Organization
- Public/Community Health: Expansion and Need for Leadership
- Recruitment and Retention: Meeting Staffing Requirements
SECTION II: HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Managing Patient/Person-Centered Care
- Diversity and Disparities in Healthcare
- Consumers and Nurses
- Developing Interprofessional and Intraprofessional Teams
- Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution
- Effective Staff Communication and Working Relationships
- Delegation for Effective Outcomes
- Evidence-Based Practice and Management
- Healthcare Quality: A Critical Health Policy Issue
- Implementing Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Healthcare Informatics and Technology
- Staff Education to Meet Health Professions Core Competencies and Improve Care
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.