Pearson's Federal Taxation 2024 Comprehensive, 37th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- Real-life examples relate the material to events, cases and stats (some from the IRS’s Statistics of Income) occurring in tax and business environments.
- What Would You Do In This Situation boxes place students in the role of decision maker and include controversies that are unresolved or are currently being resolved by the courts.
- Financial Statement Implications sections discuss the ramifications of ASC 740.
- Stop & Think boxes have students pause and think through questions to help them apply what they’ve just learned.
- Ethical Points, Tax Strategy Tips, and Additional Comments highlight supplemental info to the text.
- Book-to-Tax Accounting Comparison comments compare tax discussions in the text to accounting and/or financial statement treatment of this material.
Published by Pearson (August 24th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
Category: Principles of Taxation
Table of contents
- An Introduction to Taxation
- Determination of Tax
- Gross Income: Inclusions
- Gross Income: Exclusions
- Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses
- Deductions and Losses
- Business Expenses and Deferred Compensation
- Itemized Deductions
- Losses and Bad Debts
- Depreciation, Cost Recovery, Amortization, and Depletion
- Accounting Periods and Methods
- Property Transactions: Nontaxable Exchanges
- Property Transactions: Section 1231 and Recapture
- Special Tax Computation Methods, Tax Credits, and Payment of Tax
- Tax Research
- Corporate Formations and Capital Structure
- The Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Nonliquidating Distributions
- Other Corporate Tax Levies
- Corporate Liquidating Distributions
- Corporate Acquisitions and Reorganizations
- Consolidated Tax Returns
- Partnership Formation and Operation
- Special Partnership Issues
- S Corporations
- The Gift Tax
- The Estate Tax
- Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Administrative Procedures
2023 Tax Rate Schedules and Other Key Numbers
2022 Tax Tables and Rate Schedules and 2023 Withholding Tables (Partial)
- Tax Research Working Paper File
- Tax Forms
- MACRS Tables
- AICPA Statements on Standards for Tax Services Nos. 1-7
- Comparison of Tax Attributes for C Corporations, Partnerships, and S Corporations
- Actuarial Tables
- Index of Code Sections
- Index of Treasury Regulations
- Index of Government Promulgations
- Index of Court Cases
- Subject Index
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.