Orientation to the Counseling Profession: Advocacy, Ethics, and Essential Professional Foundations, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Hallmark features of this title
- Prepare counselors for accreditation with coverage of historic and emerging events; theories, processes and skills; ethical and legal issues; diversity, equity and inclusion dimensions; and professional identity.
- Voices from the Field interviews spotlight practicing counselors’ stories to provide a first-hand look into the life of a professional counselor.
- Think About It features thought-provoking questions and examples that challenge readers to dig deeper and apply their learning.
- Activities encourage readers to act upon and apply what they are learning with practice and skill-building opportunities.
- Case Studies explore real situations. Accompanying questions challenge readers to think critically and apply the skills they have learned to benefit clients.
Published by Pearson (July 28th 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Introduction to Counseling
Table of contents
Section 1: Foundations of Professional Counselor Identity
- Becoming a Professional Counselor: Philosophical, Historical, and Future Considerations: Bradley T. Erford and Gerta Bardhoshi
- Professional Counseling Organizations, Licensure, Certification, and Accreditation: Joshua C. Watson and Bradley T. Erford
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling: Lynn E. Linde and Bradley T. Erford
- Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling: Geneva M. Gray and Veronica Wanzer
Section 2: Counseling Processes and Approaches
- Theories of Counseling: Bradley T. Erford
- The Counseling Process: Donna S. Sheperis
- Counseling Microskills: Bradley T. Erford
Section 3: Client Issues and Advocacy
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention: Judith Harrington and Latofia Parker
- Mental Health and Rehabilitation Counseling: Catherine Y. Chang and Nadine E. Garner
- School, College, and Career Counseling: Nadine E. Garner
- Human Development throughout the Life Span: Bradley T. Erford
- Assessment, Case Conceptualization, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning: Bradley T. Erford
- Supervision and Consultation: Mark A. Young and Bradley T. Erford
- Advocacy Counseling: Being an Effective Agent of Change for Clients: Donna M. Gibson
- Advocating for the Counseling Profession: Bradley T. Erford
Section 4: The Effectiveness of Counseling
- Accountability in Counseling: Bradley T. Erford
- Outcomes Research in Counseling: Bradley T. Erford
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.