NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Enhanced Pearson eText platform exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Enhanced Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed.Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText
Practical understanding and realistic curricular adaptations for ensuring the successful inclusion of students with special needs, ages three to eight
Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Disabilities and Special Needs uses a developmental focus, rather than a disability orientation, to discuss typical and atypical child development and curricular adaptations. The integrated, non-categorical approach assumes that children are more alike than different in their development. The inclusive focus assumes that attitudes, environments, and intervention strategies can be adapted so that all young children with disabilities or other special needs can be included.
An essential text for today, and a valuable resource to take into the classroom tomorrow, this practical guide provides daily activities, evidence-based how-to strategies, and realistic lesson modifications that help facilitate truly inclusive classrooms. Aspiring educators will also learn to develop their collaboration and problem-solving skills to effectively work with families, colleagues, and paraprofessionals in supporting every child’s positive development.
The 10th Edition is updated to include enhanced discussions on working with families, children, and professionals of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lifestyles; new tips for integrating Division for Early Childhood Recommended Practices; updated requirements for writing IEP goals and recommendations; and more.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0135204372 / 9780135204375 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Disabilities and Special Needs plus Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 10/e
Package consists of:
- 0135204453 / 9780135204450 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Disabilities and Special Needs
- 013520464X / 9780135204641 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Disabilities and Special Needs -- Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
- Educating Young Children with Disabilities: The Challenge
- In Partnership with Families
- Developing Individualized Intervention Plans and Programs and Monitoring Progress
- Designing Instructional Programs
- Considerations for Teaching Children with Specific Disabilities
- Promoting Emotional and Social Development
- Helping Young Children Develop Motor and Self-Care Skills
- Nurturing Communication Skills
- Encouraging the Development of Cognitive Skills and Literacy
- Teaming: Collaboration, Problem Solving, and Inclusion Support
Appendix A: Chart of Typical Development
Appendix B: Strategies for Helping Children with Specific Disabilities Participate in Inclusive Settings
Appendix C: Common Sequence of Training Steps Used in Milieu Approaches
Appendix D: Inclusion Support Itinerant Procedures
Appendix E: Roles and Responsibilities of the Special Education Staff as Related to General Education Staff in Inclusive Educational Settings
Appendix F: Professional Competencies in Early Childhood Special Education
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material